Welcome to Saint's Say the blog about the New Orleans Saints. If you are a card carrying member of the Who Dat nation then you are in the right place. Here we discuss all things Saints. Post your comments and give your feedback. We can't wait to here from you!
Thursday, March 15, 2012
Welcome Grubbs!
The New Orleans Saints signed a deal with with guard Ben Grubbs today and I couldn't be happier. I truly believe that the offense will not skip a beat with the departures of wide receiver Robert Meachum and guard Carl Nicks. Grubbs is a terrific fit for the replacement of Nicks and at a much better price. Grubbs was a five year starter with the Ravens and was a first round draft pick out of Auburn University. He was also a pro bowler last year and helped to lead the Ravens to the AFC championship game. There is no doubt in my mind that the Saints are getting a better deal with Grubbs. They are getting equal talent for two million dollars less per year and you can't beat that. I was never a great fan of Robert Meachum and I don't think his leaving will have any impact on the Saints. Had we loss Marques Colston then it would have been a different story. The only piece left to the puzzle is the signing of a long term contract with Drew Brees. I believe there is a fine line between honor and greed and it seems to me that the line is being crossed in one way or another. If you truly care about the future of the team then I think it's time to make a deal. Whatever the outcome, I am looking forward to next season. I always get my tickets early for the Saints and I use BigWillTickets.com to meet my needs. They have a fantastic selection of tickets and terrific prices. Who Dat? Geaux Saints!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment